- What is Text & Talk?
- How do I top up?
- How do I use Text & Talk?
- What if I have sent a text requesting a top up, but have not received a confirmation message back?
- Are there any administration, subscription or other fees?
- How much does a call to COUNTRY X cost?
- Is there a maximum amount of topups that I am allowed in one day?
- When will my Topup credit expire?
- Why the rate is higher than the one stated at your website?
- When I ring someone abroad will they be charged for the call as well?
- Are there peak and off-peak rates?
- Can I use Text & Talk from payphones?
- Can I use Text & Talk from my Pay As You Go mobile phone?
- What is Text & Talk?Text & Talk service allows you to make very cheap international calls from your mobile or landline with no need to set up an account. The service operates on a pre-pay basis and calls are made using the available credit, which can be topped up on request.
- How do I top up?Simply text CARD to 80077 for a £5.00 call credit, click to see more topup options.
The text message costs £5.00 (charged to you by your mobile provider) and for this we send you a calling card directly to your mobile phone. Your normal standard SMS charge will apply for the request SMS.
- How do I use Text & Talk?Simply dial any one of the access number included in the confirmation text message, listen to the message, if dialling from a different phone from that which you topped up from, then use the PIN included in the welcome text, enter the full international number - do not press send again. That's it your connected.
- What if I have sent a text requesting a top up, but have not received a confirmation message back?Generally a confirmation message is sent instantaneously, however very occasionally for example at peak times the mobile networks maybe congested which means that the confirmation message maybe delayed. Rebooting your mobile phone might help, but do not resend the message as you will be charged twice.
If after a couple of hours you have not received the confirmation message please contact our customer services team who will be able to identify what the issue is.
- Are there any administration, subscription or other fees?There are no administration, subscription or other fees. There is however a 0800 surcharge of one pence per minute from any mobile or landline and a 10p per minute surcharge from a payphone.A connection charge equal to the rate per minute for the relevant destination is charged on each call. A disconnection charge between one to twenty pence applies to each successful call.
- How much does a call to COUNTRY X cost?First, choose your country, the price to call that country is then displayed. This is the price per minute for your call and includes VAT and the costs for the international part of the call.
- Is there a maximum amount of topups that I am allowed in one day?Yes, you can not topup with more than £20 in one day i.e. 4 X £5 topups.
- When will my Topup credit expire?The card will expire after 90 days after the last topup was made.
- Why the rate is higher than the one stated at your website?Since we changed our Text & Talk rates from 1st February 2008, all our new customer will have the cheaper rates. However, you might find that you still have the old and more expensive rate, which is not cheap as the one on our website. This is because you are our or our partners' existing customer before 1st February 2008, and our system will still give you the old rate automatically. Please contact us with your mobile number quoted, and we will help you upgrade to the cheaper rate.
- When I ring someone abroad will they be charged for the call as well?Normally the person receiving a call will never be charged. However if you are abroad with your mobile (i.e. not in the country the mobile number originates from) your mobile provider will charge you for receiving calls whilst abroad also known as roaming charges. For more information please contact your mobile provider.
- Are there peak and off-peak rates?No, what ever time you call the rate is always the same.
- Can I use Text & Talk from payphones?Our access numbers are accessible from any UK phone, including payphones. However, be aware that calls from payphones could be surcharged and may cost more than the price stated on this website.
- Can I use Text & Talk from my Pay As You Go mobile phone?Our access numbers are accessible from any UK phone, including pay as you go mobile phone, and standard network rate will apply. For instance, if you're using Vodafone's pay as you go, apart from the Text & Talk rate, you will be charged with 30p/min for the first three minutes, and 10p/min thereafter. However, some network providers will give their customer some bonus when they topup up to some amount, and you probably will get the free access minutes. For detailed rate, please refer to your mobile network provider.
We strongly recommend to sign a 12 month free mobile contract, and it will greatly save your bill. Click to view available 12 month free mobile contract.